In 2021 and 2022, a wedding in the U.S. costs $27,000 on average, excluding the honeymoon. How much of a budget did you have for your wedding? Did you still have some left for your honeymoon?
Here is a list of 10 budget-friendly honeymoon destinations to help you plan your honeymoon. Simply choose your destination, set up a budget, and book that honeymoon package.
Table of Contents
1. Key West, Florida, United States
Florida is the perfect travel destination with delicious food and beautiful sandy beaches.
Enjoy the romantic sunset as the dazzling blue sky mellows down with an orange glow while on board a Key West Sunset Cruise with a champagne glass toast. Spend $182 for this two-hour treat with hot and cold appetizers, live music & unlimited drinks.
If you’re in for an adventure, enjoy a snorkel sunset cruise and see colorful tropical sea animals on the same dive or go scuba diving, jet skiing, and other Key West adventures.
2. Puerto Rico, USA
For resorts, beaches, jungles, islands, and city walks combination, the Jewel of the Caribbean is the place to be. December to May is Puerto Rico’s peak season when it’s warm and sunny, but depending on your budget you can always visit during the off-peak season.
Here are some of Puerto Rico’s honeymoon attractions.
- Isla Verde: This is your tropical home away from home with all the amenities.
- Vieques: Experience the magic of the brightest Bioluminescent Bay (Mosquito Bay) due to the convergence of phosphorescent dinoflagellates.
- Culebra Island: It has 23 offshore islands, including Playa Flamenco (a white sand beach) and Isla de Culebra National Wildlife Refuge.
- El Morro Fort: Travel back to 1539 with a perfect honeymoon photo in its night lights.
3. Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Get the feeling of running away with your partner. Las Vegas is a great place to experience it. This resort city offers shopping, fine dining, entertainment, and nightlife.
You may want to:
- Watch an amazing Cirque du Soleil Show starting at $69
- Intensify the romance through your senses with the Fountains of Bellagio
- Wander the Strip while holding hands
- Cuddle on a Helicopter Night Flight, watching the city from a different angle
- Tour the Grand Canyon or Red Rock Canyon
Complete your honeymoon by taking that indoor or outdoor romance-filled gondola ride and cruise the Grand Canal as you pass bridges, cafes, and balconies.
4. Riveira Maya, Mexico
Ignite that couple’s romance on a tropical escapade in Riviera Maya. Clothe your honeymoon with beautiful all-inclusive resorts, sumptuous sea foods, chilly Cerveza, and white beaches.
You can also celebrate your love as you enjoy jet skiing, scuba diving, swimming with dolphins, sailing, and guided jungle tours.
Maximize your savings when visiting Thailand. Flights can be found at budget-friendly prices as well as accommodations. Take a romantic stroll along Thailand’s streets and night markets or onboard floating markets with savory foods.
Visit temples like Doi Suthep, or Ayutthaya City. Watch fire dancing under the moonlight on the beach, the revered elephants at Khao Yai National Park, the Waterfalls at Erawan National Park, or Khao Sok National Park (a rainforest home) together. Also, have romantic massages together.
You’ll never run out of places to go and activities to do in Thailand, whether in Phuket, Pattaya, Bangkok, Chiang Mai, or any other spots. Remember to visit between November and April for cool and dry weather.
6. Bali, Indonesia
Achieve the tranquility of your spirit and bond it with your spouse in Bali with yoga, massages, cooking classes, nature, and warm waters.
Traverse the jungle trek of Ubud highlands, go for a glamorous bird sighting and the giant banyan tree in Munduk, or surf in Uluwatu of Bukit Peninsula, and visit some attractions, such as:
- Mount Batur: Watch the sunrise on the sea of clouds over the mountains and the large crater atop the volcano.
- Nusa Dua Beach: Run off the city life and relax on a beach chair holding a cold drink on the shore.
- Lempuyang Temple: It’s the Gates of Heaven where people pose for their Instagram photos. Take perfect romantic couple photos too.
- Sidemen Valley: Dance, carve, weave and stroll in the snuggling villages with farmland and cloud-capped Mount Agung milieu in a traditional Bali experience.
- Sekumpul Waterfall: Have a romantic date in Bali’s most beautiful waterfall.
Let your fairytale wedding and honeymoon come true as castle hotels surround you in Ireland. Visit the country all year round and tail its woodlands, ride horseback, learn archery and take a retreat with your partner.
For cost and time savings, you can fly directly to Shannon Airport if you’re traveling from the U.S.
Looking for a honeymoon with nature and historical attractions? Croatia is a perfect escapade. It’s a cheaper option than those across the Italian coast.
Make memories of visiting Dubrovnik Old Town Walls, Hvar Town, Plitvice Lakes National Park, Pula’s Roman Arena, Zlatni Rat Beach, Brijuni National Park, Trogir, and other attractions.
What’s your favorite Greek mythology story? Reminisce on it and visit Crete, Greece’s largest island and the birthplace of the Minoan civilization, on your honeymoon for palaces and museums.
Go island hopping by selecting and exploring a group of islands in this sunny and openhearted ancient land of 227 islands. Greece has economical ferry prices, and you can dine for two for $37.
And don’t forget Cyclades Islands, especially Santorini, for your Insta honeymoon moments!
On whose honeymoon list is Paris not included? While honeymooning in this romantic city can be expensive, there are ways to stay within your budget. Walk around the city and behold these sites while venturing on foot:
- Eiffel Tower
- Flea market
- River Seine
- Sacre Coeur
Cherish Moments Alone Together
You may choose one of these 10 budget-friendly honeymoon destinations depending on your time and budget.
So book that dream honeymoon escapade now and build that precious moment alone together to cherish throughout your married life!